Nollaig na mBan, also known as Women’s Little Christmas is an old Irish Tradition, celebrated on January 6th each year to recognise the important role of women during the Christmas Season and throughout the year.
It’s a day where you should let your hair down and relax after the hustle and bustle of Christmas.
This year, The National Breast Cancer Research Institute (NBCRI) ask you, your family, friends, colleagues and class mates to come together and celebrate the end of the festive season while raising funds and awareness for Breast Cancer Research in Ireland.
How Can I Get Involved?
There are so many ways you can get involved and support Breast Cancer Research, here are some great fundraising ideas:
- Get together with your friends and neighbours to host a Coffee Morning or Bake Sale in your home or bring the community together in the local hall, community centre or sports club. Who doesn’t love a cup of tea?
- Get your friends together and take on a challenge – run, walk or swim for Breast Cancer Research. It doesn’t matter how many or few get involved, it will make a huge difference for NBCRI and it’ll be a memorable day for you and your friends.
- Organise a table quiz or cards night.
- Host a dinner in your home with your family and friends and in the spirit of Nollaig na mBan, let the men do the cooking and serving for a change.
- Organise a ‘bring and buy sale’ and make good use out of your unwanted Christmas presents!
- Talk to the boss and hold a ‘PINK DAY’ to brighten up your workplace while fundraising for breast cancer research.
Don’t forget to share your event ideas on our Nollaig na mBan Facebook Page
Visit The National Breast Cancer Research Institute (NBCRI) Website www.nbcri.ie
for more information on the work of the NBCRI research team. If you require more information about the ‘Nollaig na mBan’ campaign email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 091543433